North East Wales Archives are running a competition for the best ‘Letter to Future Children’ written by school-age pupils living in Flintshire and Denbighshire.
Write a letter, to be read by children in 100 years’ time, to tell them how your life has changed since the Coronavirus crisis sent you home from school!
- What are you doing every day?
- What is it like being at home all the time without seeing your friends and extended family?
- Are you having to go to school, and if so is it strangely quiet?
- How are your family coping with working at home or going out to do essential work?
- Above all, tell the future children what you are missing most and enjoying most!
Please include a drawing, showing how life looks to you at this strange time in history!
All letters will be included in the ‘Letter to Future Children’ Archive and preserved for future generations to read. The winner will receive a prize of a £20 Amazon Voucher and have their letter shared online.
Remember to send a picture of how you are spending your time during this strange and historic time! E-mail your experiences/images, with your name and your school’s name, to: email@example.com if you live in Flintshire or firstname.lastname@example.org if you live in Denbighshire.
More details can be found here: https://www.flintshire.gov.uk/en/Resident/Council-Apps/NewsPortlet.aspx?id=3781